8.12.2015

Healthy Breakfast Idea #1 - Avocado Toast with Sliced Peaches

8.12.2015

Avocado; you either love it or love to hate it. I think you can guess which category I fall into. 

After finding out that Avocado has a lot of benefits for the body I definitely wanted to try it out. But I never knew how I could fit it into my regular diet or how to eat it aside from the norm. 

I soon stumbled across several YouTube videos showing how I could use a breakfast staple such as toast and add some avocado to liven it up.

It is delicious!



Ingredients:
  • 1 piece of bread
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1/2 an avocado
  • 1 tsp margarine/butter (optional)
  • A pinch of chilli flakes
  • 1 peach

*Method:
  1. Pop your slice of bread into the toaster for roughly 3 mins. 
  2. Rub your garlic clove over the now toasted bread.
  3. Spread your margarine/butter on top.
  4. Cut one avocado all the way around the middle, then twist. Take one-half and scoop out the contents into a bowl. Using a fork, mash the avocado till spreadable but make sure to leave it slightly chunky. 
  5. Take 2 tbsp of the mashed avocado and spread onto the toast.
  6. Add a pinch of chilli flakes - not too many, you don't want it to overpower the taste.
  7. Take 1 peach and cut into 2cm slices.
  8. Cut the toast in half and add the peaches. 
You can add any topping you like such as honey or bananas, whatever floats your boat.

Voila! Simple and tasty. Perfect for a quick brekkie.

*Check out Fifteen Spatulas and Popsugar Food on YouTube to see where I got the basic recipe from.

Love, ZAZZLES©
Share On:
Template Design By Baby in Heels