1.22.2016

REVIEW: Louise Young Essential Eye Palette 2

1.22.2016

When this gorgeous thing came in the post last week, I may have cried, just a little. World renowned for her brushes and makeup artistry, Louise Young and her brand are growing leaps and bounds. 

My first Louise Young purchase was almost 4 years ago when beauty gurus Pixiwoo first mentioned her on their Youtube channel in a Haifa Wehbe makeup tutorial. I adored the colours used and found out it was all from the one palette. So naturally I had to purchase the palette and the eyeliner brush because you know, it was too pretty not to have. Back then like most 17-year-olds, (or, at least, the ones I knew) I didn't have £45 (for both palette and brush) lying around and so I checked reviews. 

But of course, there were hardly any and at the time, the palette was the first makeup product aside from her brush range that LY sold so I was a little skeptical at spending that kind of money.  But my god I am glad that I did, the palette four years on is with me everywhere I go and so as the name suggests it really is essential with 5 matte shades: neutral browns, a carbon black and a reddish-brown that are all multi-purpose. 
So imagine my reaction when I find out that the legendary makeup artist released a second palette, the Essential Eye Palette 2 - the name simple and easily remembered. 


Isn't it pretty! 

The palette is vastly different from its predecessor; whilst the first contained very wearable neutral shades the latter is much bolder. However, the colours are still very wearable if used with fluffy shadow brush and a light hand.
As you can see from the swatches above, the colours are very pigmented as I barely needed to wipe my finger across the shadows to get major colour payoff however I noticed that the last two shades 'King Bee' and 'Drifted' took slightly more effort to get the same amount of opacity. 

I'm not sure if that's because of the added shimmer (which isn't hugely noticeable and is very wearable) but aside from that the colours are very buttery and smooth. They blend like a dream and a little goes a long way.

The palette also come with a small brush that I prefer to use it with lipsticks instead hence why its not in the picture.




At £30, the palette isn't cheap but for 5 shadows that effectively works out at £6 per shadow. Compared to MAC eyeshadow pans that cost roughly £10 each, the palette is a bargain and from a well-known brand that always exceed expectations.

It is definitely worth investing in and while you're at it check out the first Essential Eye Palette on the Louise Young site!

I promise you won't regret it.

Let me know which palette's are an essential for your makeup bag in the comments below!

Love,  ZAZZLES
Share On:
Template Design By Baby in Heels