8.26.2015

Best Mascara of the Moment! GUERLAIN | Maxi Lash So Volume Mascara

8.26.2015


Ask any girl this: which beauty product can she not live without? And the answer will always be the same. 

Mascara. 

It brightens up your still sleepy eyes, makes you look more sultry and just altogether improves your appearance. But the difficulty is finding a mascara that does what you want it to do. Do you want more volume? To give your lashes a little curl? Maybe longer lashes? Or just to darken them slightly?

What you definitely don't want is spidery, clumped together, flaky looking eyelashes. 

And so the search for a decent mascara starts in your teenage years (I assume). Believe me I have tried several mascaras, both drugstore and high-end, hoping that one of them will volumize and thicken my lashes. Recently I tried the Clinique High Impact Mascara, which was my favourite so far; the L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes and the Rimmel Accelerator Endless Mascara. All of which are very good but leave something to be desired.

Then I stumbled across this little beauty and I fell in love!

At £24.50 Guerlain's Maxi Lash So Volume Mascara is far from cheap. And so I made sure to read other reviews and see if there were any first impression videos on Youtube. But there wasn't much info out there and so I bought the mascara, really hoping it lived up to my expectations. 

Verdict: 4/5 stars

This mascara adds drama, thickens and lengthens my lashes all in one go. The key is to wipe off the excess formula before applying to your lashes. This ensures you get no clumps. You can build it up and after adding roughly 2.5 coats of mascara, my lashes still felt soft to the touch and half a day later still held some curl. It isn't super difficult to remove either, any makeup remover should do the trick!

It still isn't as black as I wanted it to be and for the price I did expect it to wow me a little more but I'm not complaining. 

I'd recommend buying it from Debenhams when they have either their 10% or 20% off beauty promotions, that's what I ended up doing anyway. Trust me, it takes the sting out of the price that little bit more.

Let me know what your favourite mascaras are.

Love, 
ZAZZLES©
Share On:
Template Design By Baby in Heels