1.22.2016

Charlotte Tilbury Haul - Magic Cream, Dolce Vita Palette and More!

1.22.2016

(I bought other products not featured in this picture, mentioned below)
I couldn't help myself! As soon as I entered the beauty section of Selfridges's Manchester branch,  and saw the shiny new Charlotte Tilbury counter I completely ruined my plans and my savings. 

Living in Scotland, Charlotte Tilbury is not quite easy to see first hand unless you wouldn't mind travelling 5-6 hours to go to the nearest Selfridges & Co store or are happy to buy expensive things online before actually seeing them in person. But by happy coincidence when I was visiting family in Lancashire and I also managed to go on a day trip to Manchester.

I fully intended to visit Selfridges but only to buy the NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Syracuse. I wanted a foundation that was moisturising on my dry skin and didn't feel heavy but with fuller coverage. And so Sheerglow seemed like the best thing try after it was recommended by a relative. 

However as I was coming down the escalator into the beauty department looking for NARS, I spotted the gorgeous Charlotte Tilbury counter just looking rose gold and fabulous.

I instantly steered off into its direction. 

I spent roughly over an hour and a half with the beauty consultant and ended up buying everything I always wanted to try. Even my mum was suggesting I try different blushes, foundations et al from the counter. Needless to say, this sort of encouragement was not particularly healthy especially as I expected her to be the one to stop me from going a little crazy with makeup shopping. 

The consultant definitely knew what she was talking about and didn't mind at all that I was taking up all of her time especially as the counter was so busy. Charlotte Tilbury products aren't cheap and while the price of the foundations are actually on par with other luxury beauty brands several other products are actually more expensive than some well-known, established cosmetic companies. 

I had researched beforehand and watched several reviews on the products themselves so I definitely knew what I was looking for but I didn't expect to fall in love with the rest of the products. I had a really difficult time choosing what to buy and what to leave for another day.

I ended up buying the following:
Wonderglow (£38.50), an instant soft-focus beauty flash which illuminates your face;
Light Wonder Foundation in shade 8 (£32), a medium to full coverage foundation that looks like amazing on dry skin; 
Cheek to Chic blush in Love is the Drug (£30), a beautiful rosy blush that blends beautifully, Mini Miracle Eye Wand (haven't tried this yet!),(£29); 
Luxury Palette in Dolce Vita (£38), an eye palette that is perfect for any night out and of course, finally my favourite moisturiser ever, her famous Magic Cream (£70).

All of the above can be purchased on the Charlotte Tilbury website.

Full reviews of the makeup I've bought will be posted soon!

Have you bought any luxury brands recently you think are actually worth the price tag? Let me know in the comments below.

Love, ZAZZLES

Share On:
Template Design By Baby in Heels